- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign undergraduates of any major;
- Full-time enrollment in the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign;
- Completion of 45 credits and at least one year in residence at an institution of higher learning;
- A cumulative grade point average no less than 2.5 on a 4.0 scale; and
- Basic understanding of the institutional environment where you seek to intern: for example, by taking classes or being engaged in volunteer work or student clubs that relate to what you are hoping to do in DC.